Supported Independent Living (SIL)
What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
LevelUp Independent Living is a Supported Independent Living (SIL) provider on the Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Moreton and Gympie regions. SIL refers to the funding provided by the NDIA to pay for supports in and outside of the home for everyday activities. These supports may include assistance with household tasks, personal care, accessing appointments, grocery shopping, going to a restaurant, medical appointments, and being transported to social and community-based activities.
SIL funding also includes support, supervision and/or prompting provided by support workers to enable NDIS participants to develop their daily living skills to be as independent as possible in everyday life.
SIL can be offered in multiple settings such as group homes, rental homes, public housing, participants’ own homes, or in a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) with staffed 24/7 support in-house.
How Does SIL Work?
To access SIL services, you must have a current NDIS plan that includes Supported Independent Living funding. The amount of NDIS funding will depend on the degree of reasonable and necessary supports the participant needs. The SIL funding will be based on the quote from the SIL provider and any supporting documentation assessment report from an allied health professional.
Eligibility for Supported Independent Living benefits requires proof that you are unable to live without reasonable and necessary 24/7 supports. It is crucial that the supportive environment is beneficial, effective, and customised to the individual’s needs.
Why Choose LevelUp's SIL Services?
LevelUp Independent Living will work closely with participants to ﬁnd out what “home” means to you. Whether participants live in their own homes or rent private homes, we actively provide support by implementing the service that suits them and provides the highest quality of support throughout the process.
Are you looking for a SIL provider? Contact us today. (07) 5293 9020
What SIL Services Does LevelUp Offer?
Our SIL services include:
- Our approach to working with you starts with discovering what “home” means to you. We consult with you and the other key people in your life.
- Working with you to help make connections with other NDIS participants and your informal/formal supports in order to become an active member of your local community or community of interests.
- 24/7 support is available and on call staff at all times for any emergencies that arise.
- Flexible and responsive services tailored to the individual.
- Access to positive behaviour support specialists, Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSP), and Behaviour Support Strategies (BSS) authoring, training and implementation through our specialist partner Mindcare Mental Health Services.
Live Independently With Our SIL Services
SIL supports people. But there are many SIL providers, so finding the right one can be tricky.
With LevelUp Independent Living, you can start living independently today without giving up the extra support you need in your daily life! Our team will guide you throughout the service planning and implementation process.