Supported Independent Living Buderim
Having a place to call your own will allow you to live a more independent life. At LevelUp Independent Living, our team can help you find the dwelling or home setup intended to give you more freedom while simultaneously ensuring you remain secure with the necessary supports to help you live life to the fullest.
If you are looking for greater autonomy in your life or a place where you feel welcome and secure, let us help you. Contact us today (07) 5293 9020.
What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
LevelUp Independent Living provides Supported Independent Living in Buderim and other areas across Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Moreton Bay and Gympie regions. SIL refers to the funding provided by the NDIA to pay for supports in and outside of the home for everyday activities. These supports may include assistance with household tasks, personal care, accessing appointments, grocery shopping, going to a restaurant, medical appointments, and being transported to social and community-based activities.
SIL NDIS Buderim also includes support, supervision and prompting provided by support workers to enable NDIS participants to develop their daily living skills to be as independent as possible in everyday life.
SIL can be offered in multiple settings such as group homes, rental homes, public housing, participants’ own homes, or in a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) with staffed 24/7 support in-house.
How Does SIL Work?
To access Supported Independent Living in Buderim, you must have a current NDIS plan that includes SIL funding. The amount of NDIS funding will depend on the degree of reasonable and necessary supports the participant needs. The SIL funding will be based on the quote from the SIL provider and any supporting documentation assessment report from an allied health professional.
Eligibility for Supported Independent Living funding benefits requires proof that you are unable to live without reasonable and necessary 24/7 supports. It is crucial that the supportive environment is beneficial, effective, and customised to the individual’s needs.
Why Choose LevelUp's SIL Services In Buderim?
LevelUp Independent Living will work closely with participants to ﬁnd out what “home” means to you. Whether participants live in their own homes or rent private homes, we actively provide support by implementing the service that suits them, delivering the highest quality support throughout the process.
If you already live in a SIL arrangement in Buderim but plan on changing providers or getting better services, call us today at (07) 5293 9020.
What SIL Services Does LevelUp Offer?
Our SIL NDIS Buderim services include:
- Expert and practical guidance in navigating complex National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) processes, from pre-planning for your NDIS meeting to implementing your choice of Supported Independent Living supports.
- Our approach to working with you starts with discovering what “home” means to you. We consult with you and the other key people in your life.
- Working with you to help make connections with other NDIS participants and your informal or formal supports for you to become an active member of your local community or community of interests.
- 24/7 support is available, and a manager is on call at all times for any emergencies that arise.
- Flexible and responsive services tailored to the individual.
- Assistance through the NDIS psychosocial pathway to access housing options.
- Access to positive behaviour support specialists, Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSP), and Behaviour Support Strategies (BSS) authoring, training and implementation through our specialist partner Mindcare Mental Health Services.
Live Independently With Our SIL Services
SIL supports people. But there are many SIL providers, so finding the right one can be tricky.
With LevelUp Independent Living, you can start living independently today without giving up the extra support you need in your daily life! Our support coordinator will guide you throughout the service planning and implementation process.