Supported Independent Living Brisbane
Having a place to call your own will allow you to live a more independent life. At LevelUp, our team can help you find the dwelling or home setup intended to give you more freedom while simultaneously ensuring you remain secure with the necessary supports to help you live life to the fullest.
If you are looking for greater autonomy and person-centred care in your life or a place where you feel welcome and secure, let us help you. Contact us today (07) 5293 9020.
What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
LevelUp provides support services in Brisbane and other areas across Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Moreton Bay and Gympie regions. SIL refers to the funding provided by the NDIA to pay for supports in and outside of the home for everyday activities. These supports may include assistance with household tasks, personal care, accessing appointments, grocery shopping, going to a restaurant, medical appointments, and being transported to social and community-based activities.
SIL NDIS also includes support, supervision and prompting provided by support workers to enable NDIS participants to develop their daily living skills to be as independent as possible in everyday life.
SIL can be offered in multiple settings such as the following:
Private rental homes
Participants’ own homes
A Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) with staffed 24/7 support in-house
How Does SIL Work?
To access Supported Independent Living, you must have a current NDIS plan that includes SIL funding. The amount of NDIS funding will depend on the degree of reasonable and necessary supports the participant needs. The funding will be based on the quote from the SIL provider and any supporting documentation assessment report from an allied health professional.
Eligibility for funding benefits requires proof that you are unable to live without reasonable and necessary 24/7 supports. It is crucial that the supportive environment effective, customised, and able to provide great benefits to the individual’s needs.
Why Choose LevelUp's SIL Services In Brisbane?
LevelUp will work closely with participants to ﬁnd out what “own home” means to you. Whether participants live in their own homes or rent private homes, we actively provide support by implementing the service that suits them, delivering the highest quality support throughout the process.
If you already live in a SIL arrangement but plan on changing providers or getting better services, call us today at (07) 5293 9020.
What SIL Services Does LevelUp Offer?
Our SIL NDIS services include:
- Expert and practical guidance in navigating complex National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) processes, from pre-planning for your NDIS meeting to implementing your choice of supported independent services.
- Our approach to working with you starts with discovering what “home” means to you. We consult with you and the other key people in your life.
- Working with you to help make connections with other NDIS participants and your informal or formal supports for you to become an active member of your local community or community of interests.
- 24/7 support is available, and a manager is on call at all times for any emergencies that arise.
- Flexible and responsive services tailored to the individual.
- Assistance through the NDIS psychosocial pathway to access housing options.
- Access to positive behaviour support specialists, Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSP), and Behaviour Support Strategies (BSS) authoring, training and implementation through our specialist partner Mindcare Mental Health Services.
Live Independently With Our SIL Services
Supported Independent Living (SIL) supports people. But there are many SIL providers, so finding the right one can be tricky.
With LevelUp as your SIL provider, you can start living independently today without giving up the extra support you need in your daily life! Our support workers will guide you throughout the service planning and implementation process.
LevelUp and Your Best Life Disability and Health Services Ltd.
LevelUp is a NDIS Registered Provider that is part of Your Best Life Disability and Health Services Ltd. We are a not-for-proﬁt organisation that grew from the iconic and long-standing Children’s Therapy Centre following the introduction of the NDIS. Your Best Life now offers LevelUp Independent Living, Mindcare Mental Health Services, Children’s and Teens’ Therapy Services, and Your Choice Plan Management. These businesses work together to provide an integrated and seemless services to our clients.
The organisation has centres in Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, and Gympie and is planning further expansion. Our telehealth services are sought by clients across the region and across Australia. All these services aim to help NDIS participants and other clients with disabilities and health conditions to access the services and supports they require to live as independently as possible in the community.