If you are looking for Disability Services on the Sunshine Coast during COVID-19 restrictions, LevelUp Independent Living is classed as an essential service and will continue to provide care and support to our NDIS clients in the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay regions.
We are still open and our NDIS support workers are managing risks through preventive measures.
LevelUp NDIS disability services during COVID-19 lockdown include:
Disability Services on the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay:
* Assistance with daily life tasks
* Personal Care and assistance in the home
* Assistance with essential shopping, banking, and accessing GP appointments
*Assistance with exercise in-home or local area
* Capacity building programs
All Supported Disability Accommodation, SDA housing, and accessible holidays are currently on hold until the lockdown is over.
Our support workers on the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay offer a personalised service and allow you to do the things you want to do. So whether you are wanting to learn how to cook during the lockdown, or plan your future accessible holiday with LevelUp, we are here for you!
We understand that each person is individual and our LevelUp NDIS disability supports are tailored to each client. You know how to live your best life, and we are help to help you do just that!
Below are some facts that we thought would be useful during covid.
Please note all information is sourced from the NDIS website, but if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact LevelUp at email@example.com or call us 07 5293 9020
Accessing your COVID-19 vaccination
All Australians are encouraged to have the COVID-19 vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccine is voluntary and free.
All NDIS participants aged 16 and over, their carers, and support workers can access the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccination please visit the Department of Health website:
- vaccine information for people with a disability
- vaccine rollout and high priority groups
- learn about COVID-19 vaccines
- vaccination information in Easy Read , Auslan and other languages .
Read the COVID-19 vaccination alerts for disability service providers from the Department of Health.
COVID temporary support measures that are available:
The NDIA has extended the following support measures to help providers and participants safely deliver and receive supports.
- access to low-cost assistive technology - ongoing
- one-off deep cleaning for support worker related COVID-19 diagnosis – ongoing
- cleaning services and additional self-isolation and COVID-19 diagnosis supports in supported independent living (SIL) – ongoing
- national clinical first response service for SIL providers – until 31 December 2021
- personal protective equipment (PPE) for certain participants with a reasonable and necessary need – ongoing
The NDIA will continue current arrangements and advise any future changes.
NDIA and partner in the community offices
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, some Agency and partner in the community offices may be operating virtually.
Virtual and phone services are available during this time. If you would like to visit an office, you can do so after calling the office first.
You can also find the closest partner office to your residence in your Local Government Area on our state partner pages.
Disability Gateway helpline
The Disability Gateway helpline is for people with disability, their families and carers who need help because of COVID-19.
The helpline is free, private and fact-checked.
You can contact the Disability Gateway in the following ways:
- Phone (free call): 1800 643 787
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also call the National Relay Service on 133 677.
The Disability Gateway is available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEST). It is not available on national public holidays.
Find out more on the Disability Gateway website .
If you or your loved ones are needing daily living assistance through COVID lockdown, please call LevelUp team today.
Stay safe and look after each other.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 07 5293 9020